Last Update: February 2022
(You can find earlier versions in our archive)
Anytime Fitness Asia (and its related entities, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “AFA”) is committed to protecting your privacy, as our client, and even as a visitor to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we shall exert all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure.
Our policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of entities which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
Definition of Terms
- “User” means an individual who (a) has accessed this Website and checked the listed businesses, franchises or fixed assets, or (b) may, or has, registered as a User and created an account and/or reached out inquire about a listed business, franchise or fixed asset, and whose personal information has been processed.
- “Personal data” means data, whether true or not, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of a User is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify user: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Personal data includes Sensitive Personal Information, a subset of personal data. Sensitive Personal Information means information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations; about an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings; issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Our policy is that we endeavor to not collect sensitive information, however, this may not always be possible. When we do collect, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the sensitive information is always protected.
Depending on the nature of our interaction, we may collect your name, contact information and other particulars, such as but not limited to your address, email address, or other contact information, nationality, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information (such as recordings of conference calls), employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We generally do not collect your personal data unless:
- You provide your personal data to us voluntarily after we notify you of the purposes for collecting data; or
- Whenever the collection of personal data without consent is allowed or required by the relevant data privacy or other laws.
We will ask for your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except when permitted or authorized by law).
You may be providing us with the following information:
- personal data you voluntarily choose to disclose to us such as but not limited to your name, contact number, and email address and other particulars;
- Details and photocopies of your government or other IDs;
- Financial information;
- Employment information;
- Images captured via CCTV and other similar recording devices when visiting our offices, using or facilities or having online video conferences with us;
- Voice recordings of our conversations with you;
- Information about your transactions with third parties; and
- Website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
How Do We Collect Information?
We may manually or automatically collect information when you:
- Visit our website – about the pages you view, and the links you click, including advertisements, through common internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons, and your IP-address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet;
- Enter into transactions, contracts or agreements with us;
- Submit your application forms, together with supporting documents to us;
- Access our platforms and applications; and
- File complaints, inquiries, or requests.
What Do We Use Your Personal Information For?
We use your personal information on a mandatory basis:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide services to you or implement transactions which you request, allow or authorize;
- To address your queries and send information on franchises, or memberships, or related services;
- Any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- To review, develop and improve on our website or services, including but not limited to conducting studies and researches;
- To transmit to any unaffiliated third-parties, including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in all our markets as well as states and territories where there are Anytime Fitness centers, for the aforementioned purposes;
- To reach out to you regarding information about new or related products and services of the AFA, including but not limited to offers, promotions, discounts, rewards;
- Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above, which may at times include, but not be limited to: due diligence and quality review; audit requirements; internal reporting; regulatory reporting; compliance with internal policies; law enforcement or investigation; subpoena or other legal directive; other specific requests from official government or statutory bodies; and protection of our rights, interests, property and security.
The purposes listed above may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter, or until the expiration of the retention limits set by applicable laws, whichever comes later (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Will Your Personal Data be Passed On to any Third Parties?
We may disclose your personal data:
- where disclosure is necessary to perform our obligation(s); or
- to third parties, agents, sub-contractors, and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Section 5 above for us.
Will You Be Able to Withdraw Consent Earlier Provided to Us?
You may revoke your consent allowing us to collect, use, and disclose your personal data at any time.
To revoke your consent, please send a written request via email to our Data Protection Officer instructing us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above.
Kindly give us sufficient time to process your request and notify you of the consequences of revoking your consent. We need at least 10 business days to process request from the date we received your request.
While we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that the revocation should not prejudice pending transactions.
Please note that revoking consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use, and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Can you access, update, correct your personal data which we hold about you?
Yes, you can update, or access, or correct personal data we recorded, subject to the requirements, conditions and exemptions under the applicable law and Data Privacy laws,
- To access a copy of personal data we recorded or know how we use or to whom we disclose your personal data, or to correct or update any of your personal data in our records, please send an email our Data Protection Officer.
- We should respond to you within 30 calendar days.
a. If we are unable to respond within this period, then we will inform you in writing why we were not able to do.
b. If we are unable to provide you with the requested information or make the requested correction, we will inform of you of the reasons (unless we are not required to do so under relevant law.)
How do We Protect Your Personal Data?
To protect your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures including antivirus protection to secure all storage and transmission of personal data and disclosing personal data both internally and to sellers and service contractors only on a need-to-know basis. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
How Long do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, whichever comes later. We will delete your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
What else should you know about data protection?
We rely exclusively on personal data you provided. To ensure that your personal data is current, complete, and accurate, please update by sending a message by email to our Data Protection Officer in writing. We do not assume responsibility for the publication of the information due to errors during transmission or due to unauthorized access by third parties.
(1) Transfers of Personal Data. Data sharing and transfer of personal data. Data collected by Company is shared with Anytime Fitness LLC as well as its business partners and contractors (“Anytime Fitness”). In accordance with the business model, the Club collects personal and sensitive data and shares and transfers this information to Anytime Fitness and business partners, including accredited vendors, whose servers are in Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Australia, Europe, the Philippines, and the United States, and such other territories or jurisdictions where Member accesses an Anytime Fitness center.
In the case of franchisee information, including personal data, is collected in the country of origin and transferred to the United States, where Anytime Fitness stores data.
In the case of Members, to such other territories or jurisdictions where Member accesses an Anytime Fitness center. Anytime Fitness shares his or her personal and sensitive personal data with the Anytime Fitness center he or she accessed through reciprocity. Security videos taken by the Club’s CCTV camera may also be shared with governmental agencies and instrumentalities in accordance with law. Moreover, in case the Club is closed permanently, Member acknowledges, agrees that Anytime Fitness may transfer his or her personal data to the nearest Anytime Fitness center to allow Member to continue his or her fitness journey or to process the termination of his or her membership and facilitate refund. In such case, a survey form will be sent to Member requesting him to choose his or her preferred club and what he or she intends to do with his or her membership.
Who to Contact?
You may reach out to our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Data Protection Officer
Email address: TechSupport@anytimefitnessasia.com
You may also contact us at:
Anytime Fitness Asia
Email Address: Legal.Compliance@anytimefitnessasia.com
Effect of Notices and Changes to Rules
This Notice shall be read in connection with other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Inspire Brands Asia.
You acknowledge and agree that we may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.